The holidays are over, things are settling down, and you’re feeling a need to get things back in order for a less stressful 2019 but don’t know where to start? ? No worries! Here are a few tips to get you organized and moving in the right direction! ?
Oh my…only 20 days until Christmas! ? If you haven’t already done so, now’s the time to deck the halls!?? Whether the decorations are already done or it’s on your long to-do list, be sure to do so safely. Inspecting the decorations for damages, making sure outlets aren’t overloaded, watering live trees, and making sure exterior decorations are weather safe are just a few things you can do to keep your home safe while enjoying the seasons festivities. Click here for more tips on how to safety decorate your home for the holiday!
Baby, it’s cold outside! ❄️ Just like you prepare yourself to brave the low temps, you have to prepare your home as well. ? There are a few quick things you can do to protect and extend the life of one of your largest investments:
(1) Replace HVAC filters and test the furnace for efficiency
(2) Test and change the batteries of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
(3) Drain and turn off the water supply to exterior hosebibs
(4) Examine and prep doors/windows where warm air can escape
(5) Reverse ceiling fans to maximize warm air circulation.
For more tips on how to winterize your home, visit https://www.homeadvisor.com/r/home-winterization-checklist.